Home : Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do I need a dog license for my dog and cat?
A. All dogs over 6 months old must be licensed. The license application is found under the "Dog License" tab on the Town website. Cats do not require a license in the Town of Brooklyn.
Q. Am I required to show my drivers license when I vote?
A. To be able to vote, you must be at least 18 years old and provide a photo ID. For acceptable forms of identification click here.
Q. How do I submit a request or concern?
A. Send an email outlining your request or concern directly to the Town Clerk at [email protected]   You can also call the Town Hall and leave a message at 608-455-6411, or stop at the Town Hall during normal clerk hours (Tuesdays 1PM - 4PM).
Q. How do I get involved in Town Government or on a Committee?
A. All Committee meetings are open to the public. Plan on attending a Committee meeting and talking with the Committee chairperson or contact the Town Clerk.  
Q. Where do I pay my property taxes?
A. The Town contracts with the Green County Treasurer to collect the real estate taxes. That payment information is located on your tax bill. You will also find this information under the "Tax Pymt" tab located at the top right of the Town website.
Q. When are Town Board meetings held?
A. The Town of Brooklyn Board of Supervisors meet at 8:00 P.M. on the 2nd Monday of each month at the Town Hall. All Special Meetings are posted at least 24 hours in advance on the Town's website as well as the three posting sites within the Town.